Friday, June 27, 2014

Leaves and Pages

Hi! Lately, I've been reading a few good books that I'd like to review a bit, here. 



So, first, we have The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho....and I'm sure that just from he symbol you can tell what book is behind? Darn straight, it's Divergent, by Veronica Roth! 

Divergent: At first, the majority of the novel describes Tris, the main character training to become a member of the Dauntless class in society, a daring and rough group...Tris came from Abnegation, a group devoted to selflessness and a plain lifestyle. I understand that the descriptions might be necessary, but I feel that this portion(all the training talk) goes on for too long, and considering hat the style of writing is rather sparse (just my opinion), I was itching for some real drama! However, near the end, sort of, it got intense! I found the principles of this societies government to be really interesting...i don't feel that it was really dystopia, as I 
thought it'd be, but more like a slightly flawed 
government/society that started on good values...and there were definitely issues, like there are today...on respect, the poor, striving for individuality, etc. So, I found that interesting. I also loved the romance between Tris and Four...it was so cute! Aaaannnd, of course, Tris was a really tough girl~ All in all, I liked divergent, and will be getting Insurgent soon! 

The Alchemist: I saw this book in Barnes and Nobles and it looked really interesting...I found the whole Alchemy idea interesting, and it seemed to be an adventure story. Now, the flow book reads in a very mellow and elegant way, which makes it a great read for a relaxing summer day with a cup of tea~ It's about a Shepard boy, content withy his life, who suddenly receives a dream about finding a treasure near the pyramids, far from his home in Andalusia. This dream, is his Personal Legend, his goal in life. He meets a number of mysterious characters along he way as he journeys on with 
faith that the universe guides those who seek their Personal Legend. This wise boy finds an unexpected, yet familiar 
treasure at the end, and learns of the connections in the world, through a 200 year old....Alchemist. The story reads like a fable, but is relatable to anyone's life (at least I think so), and full of quote able lines. Paulo Coelho has written such an inspiring story in this book! 

So, I hope you'll be interested to read these books if you haven't yet and form your own opinion!

Now that we've talked about the "pages" part of his post, let's talk about "leaves"! Here are photos from a recent, summery park visit.


The trees had such uniquely bright flowers irl! 


Outfit:
shirt- Monki...it had strange animals printed on it, and a very breezy and cook fabric! From Asos.
dress- it's not a skirt, it's my Unif dress from Buffalo Exchange underneath.
socks- Asos
flats- f21
headband- Claire's 
scrunchie- American Apparel


pleats and petals


Cutest daisies

Daisies in my hair


Have a great day, read books, get some of dat Vitamin D....whatever, yahhhh....:)



2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit, and I haven't read alchemist *write it down on list of books* but I have read Divergent. it wasn't anything super memorable imo, and I found it basically like all the rest of the generic teen dystopian novels of the current time period, but the romance between tris and four was definitely above average.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ and yes, write that book on that list, yes~ it's definitely interesting. And I agree, Divergent wasn't super special, but I'm still hoping that the other two will be more exciting. Buuuut, as you said, Tris and Four= amazing cuties.....
      Oh, if you have any book recommendations, btw, i'd be glad to hear them :)

      Delete