Monday, June 16, 2014

Windblown Locks and Flowered Frocks

(and Brandy Mellvile)

I rhymed...ehehehe~ It was veeeeryyyy windy...I kept getting a mustache of my hair every time i turned around! Well, I took photos outside again! It was worse this time, since there were actual people about! 
ach, see how windy, I'm laughing because of my hair whipping into my face!

jean jacket: Juicy Couture, Crossroads
dress: you've seen it already, but bought at Genius Outfitters Hawaii
bobby socks(first pic): Asos
shoes: Old Navy flats
and that Gap belt...sorry but it's so versatile, I wear it all the time.

my hair's down again...whaaaattt

So, I mentioned Brandy Melville...I'd heard a lot about it, and I finally popped in to window-shop, just to see what the fuss is. Now, the USA store does have mixed reviews on sites like yelp, but is quite popular nonetheless...which is evidenced if you set foot in one of the brick-and-mortar locations. The one I went to was PACKED! Mainly with teen and up girls. The style of clothing is that typical "California Girl" style, with breezy little cotton outfits in lighter colors and graphics bearing things like...well, geometric hipster patterns, buddha, and flowers. 

http://www.brandymelvilleusa.com/

my one complaint so far is that all the models on the website are caucasian...nothing against THEM, but I mean, they have a wide range of DIFFERENT customers....

http://www.myretailmedia.com/blog/10248/brandy_melville_opens_new_flagship_store_in_london.php

the store I went to was tiny on the outside....and bigger on the inside! 

The stores are full of nice woods, soft lighting, and cute displays of pastels and dried plants, etc. So, I was impressed with their cute and casual style, with lots of drape-like fabrics and smock dresses that remind me of The White Pepper (check it out, but its pricy!). The prices were pretty decent with really cheap but nice looking jewelry! Here are some of my picks, all from the site:
cute, unique graphics

overall simple design
smock-style dress!

Love the gingham...summer tank

school-girl skirts ftw!

soft looking, nice pastels

reminds me of a cheerleader top

"vodi" shorts...cute and ruffly...might be nice to wear under a dress...ya know, for the windy days

fuzzy! the fuzz reminds me of the amazing Meadham Kirchoff

Whaddya think? You like? 

Now, to close this post, here's some of my day!

from the cutest British-themed shop....these cups would be great for my evening wet-leaf! haha, i mean TEA of course!

from the shop....Cadbury Milk Chocolate Fingers! addicting...

food! Tried a grain called "Bulgur"...I don;t know why. Any way, it's good, as grains go. served with pesto-chicken.

Straciatella gelato with Aranciata (orange) San Pellegrino! Ohoho, so Italian! i liked the flashes of orange in this picture!

Toodle-oo! Have a nice day! yay!

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit, the dress is so pretty! Brandy Melville have such beautiful clothes- I need everything in there! xx

    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ and yes! it's just too pretty in there!
      <3

      Delete