Saturday, July 19, 2014

Waiting for the Mountains to Fall

 I went to the Twilight Concert Series at the Santa Monica pier! It was pretty nice, though kinda chilly and there were tons of people picnicking and whatnot. The performer was Yuna, a really good Malaysian singer! She seemed really nice, thought he stage was far. She makes a lot of floaty hand gestures~ she actually asked if it was alright for her to sing more! and said things like "Perfect!". It was nice to go, but with the crowd being people standing still or lovey dovey couples, my mom and I ended up leaving a bit later on...it was quite dark out and it was a casual beach concert. However, Yuna's singing voice was as lovely and strong as in the recordings! The post title is a song lyric from the song Mountains, by her. I did get some nice pictures, btw, which I thought looked very summery. In fact the beach was gorgeous. While the sun was setting, the sand around the pier billowed up and glowed and the sand on the ground was riddled with canyon-like indentations from feet that gave off shadows, while at night, the Ferris wheel glowed! I couldn't get any photos of Yuna though with he glaring lights, and the video was too big to send from my phone.


The sky 


Twilight Concert stage


My tights from Asos and the pier floorboards...watch out for splinters



Accidental photo, but still nice, I think


Me making a weird face featuring panda eyes, haha!


                 I hope things are still summery for you~



No comments:

Post a Comment