Sunday, August 17, 2014

Colors Lines and Form

A small while ago I went to the LACMA art museum for the first time! I always loved art museums...ever since I was always taken to them on rainy days...I used to love Degas so much...I thought the graceful ballerinas were so inspiring! I love the peaceful space of museums and the idea of a place that celebrates beauty...and they often have great cafes! Nowadays some of my favorite tyoes of art are: illustration, pop surrealism, definately impressionism ( I dislike art with too many dark primaries), traditional paintings of fabulous Marie Antoinette style dresses, and art that uses lots of light and space. What's your favorite style of art? 

These lightpoles were so fun to take pics with! So many other people were as well!

The hot and clear blue sky

I really liked how full of design the museum itself was! This is part of a spidery sculpture of black beams

From the amazing cafe...a moonpie! I most liked the brioche though, and they have amazing natural fruit sodas.

Spaghetti! Kids and older folks alike loved it! It was actually a total highlight, but the plastic was shockingly hard and fealt a bit like it was slapping you as you walked through!

Fun selfie! 

This guy walked into my shot, but I think he made it better...this looks somehow symbolic...

There were so many delicious trucks and everyone looked so stylish!

Metropolis... It features whizzing cars that toddlers seemed transfixed by

My purchase from the very nice store! i-D magazine! With amazing Tavi and Petra Collins( who liked the photo on instagram!!!) 

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu! She always inspires me to be as cute as can be! I love the kawaii japanese aesthetic so much!

Lovely~

I wish I could have taken pics of my favorite works but I always hate when people do that and get a bit in the way! It was really relaxing though and I saw a lot of great work...new artists, Van Gogh, and also some skillful classics! I hope you'll have a nice and inspired day~



2 comments:

  1. Fave is definitely surrealism, especially dali stuff. Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang I forgot surrealism! I don't like all surrealist paintings but some are really cool! Like dali. And thank you~

      Delete