Thursday, May 29, 2014

Moving, Visual, Audial, Inspiration

I've been watching movies/films...whatever you'd like to call them. I guess I'll summarize in a few sentences the most recent one I've seen.

Frances Ha

Watched via Netflix. A simple and comfortable movie with awkward charm. The black and white may or may not have been necessary. About living life as best as you can.
 I enjoy the fact that the story really embraces platonic love. Sometimes you get tired of love songs, love stories, and l'amour in the air.
Frances speaks in a really honest and erratic way that's awkwardly enough, sort of poetic. 

I know that not everyone enjoyed the movie, and I can see how the pacing could be a little iffy, but to me, it really deserved at least four stars. I like Frances. She dances in the streets and doesn't forget to keep believing in change for her 
own sake.




I've also been reading BOOKS,per usual, in addition to movies.
Cupcakes and Perks


I'm currently reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
I saw the movie, which I quite liked, so I went to the library for the book, as I'd seen some great quotes lying around on Pinterest and tumblr! which I admit! I frequent periodically!

Cuuuuuuppcakee....Cookies n cream!
Food is totally inspiring. I said it once, I'll say it again.




Ink sketch(excuse the quality) based on Russian Vogue Dec. 2012....saw on Pinterest 
Victorian collars, pixie cuts, and cross earings....like a queen who came to the present and became a chic hipster.....

                        http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/russian-vogue-december-2012

Been lazing about, though ...It is summer after all...*sigh*

4 comments:

  1. Aw I'm so glad you liked Frances Ha! I think Frances is a difficult character to like at some points but I think that her enthusiasm is so endearing that it stops you from becoming too frustrated by the awkward situations she creates. Also, Perks is a great book, if you liked the movie then I'm sure the book won't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, thanks for reading and commenting~ yes! that's exactly what I thought! and your right! her awkward endearingness does help you avoid feeling to irritated! because she does create a lot of awkward situations as you said! But yes, I really like it, thanks! Oh and so far, Perks seems good :)

      Delete